Saturday, October 23, 2010

You can either choose to ignore or develop that calling.


How can anyone ignore the cries of the needy?

Picture that scene in superman where he was in the outer space and he closed his eyes; hearing and being overwhelmed with the cries of the people.


He knew he couldn't be there to help everyone. and then he emo-ed abit. (I think. I watched superman a really long time ago). But when he was ready, he picked himself up & went on to do his best.

You can either choose to ignore or develop that calling.

I realised that the people next to me are part of the crying people. The issues that "those" crying people have are those issues that my very friends have.

I'll start by helping those around me.

I believe that this will enable me to help the needy for the correct reasons. I don't want to volunteer in some home(halfway house, salvation army, prison, whatever, etc) because it feels right, or it feels like I'm making a difference, or because it is honorary. A good gauge is when you want to help people in homes but not your friends.

The difference I make in my friend's lives are as large as the difference I make in any home. The issues that my friends have are as large as those of the people's in the homes.
People in those homes don't turn up out of nowhere. From my experience, they are always the ones sitting next to you.

How can anyone ignore the cries of the person next to you?

fel was shaking her ass at 2:21 PM