Monday, January 11, 2010

Safe Singapore

Okay… a much needed update coming right up!


I'm having great fun in sweaty Singapore right now. Not sure why but Singapore always makes me feel so old. Which I, strongly believe, am not.

It's definitely the crowd. Yes. Melbourne is only full of uni students.

Church life has evolved to lesser 12yos. And more 21 (+++)yos. Always the youngest wherever I go, as always. But def not mentally. Very much looking forward to interacting with these 21 (+++) yos. {All ages above 21 shall only be stated as +++ because I am only too kind :p}

Every trip back is a completely differently experience. Every trip back, I bring back different mentalities. Every semester in Melbourne teaches me different things, or changes me in better or worse ways. This trip has been very comforting to me; I know that no matter what happens in Singapore, there'll always be someone/anyone there. Or most importantly, a church with such a strong current that pushes me to move forward that any negative thought or mentality is not able to survive going against God's current and gets flown away almost immediately.


Photobucket


On a lighter note! My family had a girl's lunch out together with my Singapore granny on Friday!

And omgosh, my granny, is me and my sister's role model. She's starting to not be able to remember things. It's is really bad. Yes, really bad. Dementia? Very much probably.

But, you know what she does? My granny's church friends print out memory verses in huge Chinese letters. And my granny takes an inkless marker and writes it over the printed words over, and over and over again.

Very noble indeed.


Because mum was on the phone for a couple of minutes, Sheryl and I managed to steal some private time with our dear granny.

Anddd everryyy timmmee ii'mmm bacckk, sheee willlll repeattt the sammeee thinggg overrr andddd overrr againnnn. Nod at your screen if your grandparents do that too. Great! That makes us all!

Anw, the same thing she always says is: "must come back to Singapore arh… don't don't don't find a ang moh boyfriend and don't come back. ah ma will be very sad… etc etc etc"

She shocked me when she decided to proceed to: "Got boyfriend a not arh?". Shocked not by that question which has been asked 100 million times (-.-) but she did it in the most kpo manner ever!

If you think that is the worse question in the worse senario on earth? wait for this: it was accompanied by a giggle. Yes, a giggle. A GIGGLE THAT SOUNDED LIKE IT CAME FROM A LOVESTRUCK 16YO!

Naturally, me and my sis cracked up laughing. And it still does! Over and over and over again. LOL


2010 Resolutions coming right up next

Slow, but I needda set my thoughts and my life straight.

fel was shaking her ass at 3:18 AM