Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Gentleness

Love, Joy, Peace, Patience, Kindness, Goodness, Gentleness and Self control

I’m really not sure whether I got everything. But ANW, you know how we’ve heard this fruits of the spirits stuff prolly like a million times. And I really don’t even have to say that you’ve heard this a million times cos you’ve really heard this a million times already.

So already, every time we have a lesson in cell-group that has this, I allllways ask:

What is Gentleness?

:)

It never fails to make even the same cell group leader who answered my same question the last time we did a lesson with regards to fruits of the spirit, a pause, to think.

So here:

Gentleness:

Sensitivity of disposition and kindness of behaviour, founded on strength and prompted by love.



Okay… I didn’t get “Sensitivity of disposition” at all. Kindness of behaviour? Founded on strength and prompted by love? Okay. Maybe the “prompted by love” part mighttt just be a tad bit easier to understand. But, uh huh, the “founded on strength” part totally lost me. How on earth do you find something without strength? And even if I know what it means, how on earth can I fully implement and know what is the true meaning of being founded by love?

---

• 2 Corinthians 10:1
Meekness and gentleness

• Galatians 5:23
Gentleness and self-control
• Colossians 3:12
Compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.
• 1 Timothy 6:11
Righteousness, godliness, faith, love, endurance and gentleness
• 1 Peter 3:15
Gentleness and respect

I typed gentleness in on the com. Immediately bang bang bang all these words that came together with gentleness in these verses start to hit me; bang… bang… bang… again and again.

Even as I read these words over and over, everything seems so hard to understand and juggle. There are just so many aspects that come together with gentleness.


As I said, I’ve always asked what gentleness was in my cell-groups and stuff. But finally and recently, I’ve found someone whom I’ve noticed has a very strong gentleness character. I’ve been observing him. Something drew me to him. I saw the way he handle situations in leadership meetings. Not just everyday day life, but this guy, I absolutely have to say, handles the leaders incredibly well.

So, in this case, I’m talking about leaders handling leaders. Not just leaders handling members. I’m not interested about the leaders handling members part becaaaause it is easier than leaders handling leaders. Controversial statement? Well, you kinda have to agree on my point.

Anws, back to my point. This guy has GENTLENESS.

More observations and points were taken. I saw him when he was with his family. I saw him when he was bargaining. And I totally picked up the gentleness quality in him in these situations. Yes! Bargaining!

I’m honestly really glad to be able to observe and learn and find him! Gentleness! What on earth is that? Thank you God for opening my eyes, like Paul! when you know, he became un-blind. Because, I know I might not have the strongest quality of gentleness. But I’m so glad I got found my answer. And I have this chance to continue learning and developing the wonderful gift of gentleness. In my journey.

I hope you pick up gentleness too.

When you have, these strange words (in the verses above) will mean so much more.

And after gentleness, my search will move on to goodness.

Here’s the end to my no answer post. Go on, go find your own gentleness.

fel was shaking her ass at 1:17 AM